• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Ideas for Freestyle BLD

popcorner12

So i'm doing 3x3 BLD for a talent show, and have been doing quite a lot of research on improving speed.
so I came across Freestyle, a method for Bld. The description said it was a method where you did anything you could think of.
I decided to create this (this is my first thread) sorry if there is another thread like this
and did not mean to steal others ideas if i accidently do

First I thought it would increase speeds if there was a way to swap edges and and corners at the same time, possibly using some PLL alg.
it's hard but possible
(remember that Freestyle is the hardest Bld method)

(By the way im using sticker lettering scheme, w/ A on top and E in front)
any place buffer (I'm using O just for this, but it probably can be changed)
so if letters came like this:
edges: OS
corners: PAP
then you can do this: S RW' (R' U L' U2 R U' R' U2 R L U') RW S'

it might work
just an idea

h2f

Premium Member
WCA
2014PACE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think you've missed what 3style is. The algs are mostly comms. The position of buffer may be in DF/FD or FU/UF for edges and UBL/ UBR or UFR for corners. Top blinders tend to belive that UF/UFR is the best buffers mix.

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Whatever freeness you try to adopt in your solve, the moves can always be broken down into commutators.

Commutators work in such a way that they influence only edges or only corners. Block commutators exist, but they are rarer to find in actually solves. It is generally convenient to do edge and corner combination at the end, and which is called the parity alg.

I like this idea. It has been discussed in the older threads on 3 bld but no one has developed a method revolving around PLLs for blind yet. I’m not the best at blind but could I collaborate with you to take this further and make it a complete method?