• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Marcell's declaration

Marcell

WCA
2007ENDR01
Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know that as of now, I'm taking a different approach on competitive BLD cubing.

I have achieved everything I could ever dream of in cubing and right now I'm completely satisfied with my results over the years. It was a lot of work and a lot of fun, but it was also more and more stressful. And that is something I do not want to put up with anymore; and having achieved everything I wanted I don't see any reason for it either. Besides all my other duties and activites are keeping me very busy.

I'm taking a little break now in order to figure out how to proceed. It might take a few months, it might take more. I might stop competitive cubing altogether, I might continue. I'm really not sure at this point.

Come what may, I want you all to know that I had an immense amount of fun getting to know you all over the years, and I'm very happy with the fact that cubing has been part of my life for the past seven years.

Cheers, Marcell

ps. I also wanted to ask if there are any tutorial requests in bld cubing, or any topic that's missing a thorough explanation. I'll happily fill in a couple of holes - if I have the time. I'm also planning on summing up and publishing all my algs.

Edit: Alg sheet at http://www.speedsolving.com/forum/s...-s-declaration&p=892073&viewfull=1#post892073

Last edited:

Roman

WCA
2012STRA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I join to etshy's wishes.
Your declaration was totally unexpected for me though - you could reach more in blindfold cubing, in my opinion. However, your decision is your decision.
Thanks for all - you was my main insparation in blindfold cubing.
Also, publishing your algotithms base would be awesome.

Last edited:

Mikel

Premium Member
WCA
2011MIKE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm glad I got to meet you at the World Championships 2013! Congratulations on all your World Records and World Championship titles. You are truly one of the best blindfold solvers in the world. Good luck in your future endeavors.

AndyK

Premium Member
You set the standard and did things I didn't even think were possible. Well done sir

This is like John Elway winning the Super Bowl back to back and retiring. Going out on top

A Leman

Breaks make very good sense. From the bit the I have done, I have an idea of how easy it is to "burn out" with memory sports and taking a step back could be very beneficial. You're a very inspirational person and I wish you the best of luck!

I think I would be interested in a short video or post that describes how you progressed to your current memory method. I am almost certain that you have tried may different ways of using images and locations before you started using sentences the way that you do now and the development of what you "didn't like" would probably be very helpful. Of course, this is only if you have the time. Other things like work,school,etc obviously come first. Have a great day!

DrKorbin

WCA
2011GRIT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well. Good luck with whatever you will choose.
Interesting that two cool people kinda retired after WC.

ps. I also wanted to ask if there are any tutorial requests in bld cubing, or any topic that's missing a thorough explanation. I'll happily fill in a couple of holes - if I have the time. I'm also planning on summing up and publishing all my algs.

Please make a tutorial "How to memorize 4x4 in sub-1 and 5x5 in two minutes". Hope it will consist of more than one word "Practice".
Oh, and your tps is amazing! How did you achieve it?