• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Lid

WCA
2008LIDS01
A U-COLL+A OLL for a pure adjecent 2 flip:
R' U2 R F U' R' U' R U F' + F R U R' U' F' = R' U2 R F U' R' U' R U R U R' U' F' [U']

xyzzy

Was trying to find an alg that doesn't suck for this OLLCP-A case, when I stumbled on this weird alg:
R2 u' R2' u (R2 x') (U D) r U2' r' (U' D') x

The x rotation at the end sucks if you have to follow it up with EPLL, but the rest of the alg flows nicely. Maybe it's good for 1LLL?

xyzzy

Pure opposite flip (UL and UR):
R u R U R' (u' U') R2 U2 R U' R' U' R

About as fast as M' U2 M U [R' F' R, S] for me, and a lot faster than the MU ones.

Last edited:
WCA
2017PRAM03
I unintentionally found algorithm for this ZBLL condition.
this condition looks like solved cube but 2 corners are flipped.
this is really simple you only need to do Antisune + sune algorithm to solve the cube

condition 1 :

algorithm : R U2 R' U' R U' R' L' U2 L U L' U L

see here :
https://alg.cubing.net/?setup=L-_U-...#2b;_sune R_U2_R-_U-_R_U-_R-_L-_U2_L_U_L-_U_L

condition 2 :

algorithm : L' U' L U' L' U2 L R U R' U R U2 R'

see here :
https://alg.cubing.net/?setup=R_U2_...#2b;_sune L-_U-_L_U-_L-_U2_L_R_U_R-_U_R_U2_R-

WCA
2017PRAM03
I need a new algorithm for this case
__937857.png

I use f sexy f' F sexy F'
( Fw R U R' U' Fw' F R U R' U' F' )

help its terrible

I just use a lefty alg

do sune then U' and then sune again

FJT97

WCA
2012THIE01
I unintentionally found algorithm for this ZBLL condition.
this condition looks like solved cube but 2 corners are flipped.
this is really simple you only need to do Antisune + sune algorithm to solve the cube

condition 1 :

algorithm : R U2 R' U' R U' R' L' U2 L U L' U L

see here :
https://alg.cubing.net/?setup=L-_U-_L_U-_L-_U2_L_R_U_R-_U_R_U2_R-&alg=//antisune_&#2b;_sune R_U2_R-_U-_R_U-_R-_L-_U2_L_U_L-_U_L

condition 2 :

algorithm : L' U' L U' L' U2 L R U R' U R U2 R'

see here :
https://alg.cubing.net/?setup=R_U2_R-_U-_R_U-_R-_L-_U2_L_U_L-_U_L&alg=//antisune_&#2b;_sune L-_U-_L_U-_L-_U2_L_R_U_R-_U_R_U2_R-
Hi! Cool that you found it yourself but both algs are well known. see here: algdb.net

Pyjam

Premium Member
COLL U (front swap). Works well as a CMLL ou ZBLL too.

r' D' F r U r' F2 r U r' D r (U2)

Reverse is a COLL T.

(U2) r' D' r U' r' F2 r U' r' F' D r

xyzzy

Another day, another alg with S moves. 4-flip H perm (or the dot OLL with corners oriented):
S R' U' R U R U R U' R' S'

This isn't a new alg; I've found a random mention from like 2008 which points to a Geocities page from 2007 (what a trip down memory lane!). It does seem to be overlooked these days though; with the much better cubes we have these days (reverse corner cutting! magnetic alignment!), S moves are much better than they used to be and this alg clearly beats the standard RrMU algs for OH and maybe also 2H.

Oh, and you can cancel this into an H perm to get pure 4-flip:
S R' U' R U R U R U R2 U2 R2 U2 R S'

The MU alg for pure 4-flip is definitely better than this for 2H, probably also better for OH if you can table abuse, but without table abuse, this RUS alg should be faster.

Last edited:

Wesley Twiggs

r U r' U' r' F r2 U' r' U' r U r' F'

I was messing around with my 3x3 and I realized that if you do a T Perm, but with wide r moves instead of just the single layer, you can use that as an Aa Perm with the headlights on your left face.

Wesley Twiggs

well.....damn it. I'm still not entirely convinced that it is "well known," but that certainly is interesting.