• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Best Speed Cube Manufacturer

What is your favorite cube manufacturer?

• Moyu

• Gans

• Valk

• QiYi

• Rubik’s Brand

• YuXin

• Mofang Jiaoshi

• YJ

• DaYan

• ShengShou

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ayden

I wanna know some of your opinions.
This is all up to you, and we are not
going to judge anybody.

WCA
2018BRUM01
I think moyu is the best, especially if you include all of their sub brands (goguan, yj, cubing classroom, yancheng...) They have the widest variety of puzzles, and have dozens of main worthy cubes. I think gan is overpriced, and qiyi just does not have a big enough variety, and enough top of the line cubes. That is just my opinion :)

YouTube
Visit Channel
qiyi just does not have a big enough variety, and enough top of the line cubes.
X-man (a QiYi brand) has amazing cubes, tbh. QiYi has the Wingy Skewb, Galaxy Mega, Bell Pyra, Volt Squan, Valk2M, Valk 3M, Valk Power M, Valk 4M, Wuque, WuShuang, Shadow, Spark, and a few good budget options here and there.

MoYu also has a lot of great options in the same areas, but not all of them.

Yuxin has good big cubes and budget cubes, then a few good other releases here and there.

GAN is only really good at 3x3, and those are over priced at that.

Dayan isn't too relevant now days, but the Tengyun is really good.

Why did you put Rubik's on the list? Just really?

Valk is a cube line from QiYi...

Mofang Jiaoshi is part of MoYu, and I can't remember if YJ is still a part of MoYu.

Shengshou is meh these days.

So, imo, QiYi is the best over all, but each of the big companies (QiYi, GAN, MoYu, and Yuxin) each have something going for them.

M O

WCA
2017KLOS01
i'm yuxin all the way. little magic 3x3 (for BLD), 5x5M, 6x6, hays 7x7 are all my mains, kylin is an amazing magnetic budget cube.
I think yuxin cubes give you the most for your money.

Ayden

X-man (a QiYi brand) has amazing cubes, tbh. QiYi has the Wingy Skewb, Galaxy Mega, Bell Pyra, Volt Squan, Valk2M, Valk 3M, Valk Power M, Valk 4M, Wuque, WuShuang, Shadow, Spark, and a few good budget options here and there.

MoYu also has a lot of great options in the same areas, but not all of them.

Yuxin has good big cubes and budget cubes, then a few good other releases here and there.

GAN is only really good at 3x3, and those are over priced at that.

Dayan isn't too relevant now days, but the Tengyun is really good.

Why did you put Rubik's on the list? Just really?

Valk is a cube line from QiYi...

Mofang Jiaoshi is part of MoYu, and I can't remember if YJ is still a part of MoYu.

Shengshou is meh these days.

So, imo, QiYi is the best over all, but each of the big companies (QiYi, GAN, MoYu, and Yuxin) each have something going for them.
To be honest, I don’t really know why I put Rubik’s Brand on there. I dunno. I just searched, “popular cubing manufacturers, and some of these popped up. Not that great of a list.

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
My mains, in rough descending order of how much I solve them:

Yuxin Little Magic M 6x6
Yuxin Blue M 4x4
Yuxin Purple M 5x5
Qiyi Wuji M 7x7
Moyu Weilong GTS2M 3x3
Qiyi Galaxy v2 Megaminx
Qiyi Big Sail M (Feet)
Moyu Lingpo 2x2
Yuxin Little Magic Pyraminx
Qiyi Square-1
Ling Ao M Clock
Cubing Classroom (I think?) Skewb

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
3x3: MF3rs2, MF3rs3, (Thunderclap, Valk, 356 Air, Little Magic) - Moyu 2, Qiyi 2, GAN, 1, Yuxin 1
OH: MF3rs2, Mini Weilong v2, (Valk, Little Magic) - Moyu 2, Qiyi 1, Yuxin 1
Feet: 356 Air, Thunderclap - Qiyi 1, Gan 1
Megaminx: Galaxy v1, Galaxy v2 M - Qiyi 2

Carry around 3x3: 356s v2, Little Magic - GAN 1, Yuxin 1

I don't *actually* practice anything else.

Totals: Moyu 4, Qiyi 6, Gan 3, Yuxin 3

So I guess that I use Qiyi puzzles the most. However, I'm still voting for GAN.
I like GAN puzzles the most, but they're expensive (though it's not like the air is any more expensive than the valk, and imo way more worth it.) I never liked the Valk and only really used it because my Mini Weilong was dying. The Air is a great puzzle but I main it for feet so, in consideration of everyone else, don't also use it for 2H. Honestly, cost is probably the main thing preventing me from buying like 5 different GAN puzzles to main everything, especially since they came out (or are coming out) with a mega.

RouxCuber

in almost every event, if not every event, Moyu has satisfied me with their products. I don't think I've ever been disappointed with a Moyu puzzle, so it's safe to say that Moyu is my favorite puzzle manufacturer. Especially for something like OH Roux, only the GTS 2M and WR M have ever worked for me for a long period of time.