• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

big bld discussion

WCA
2017OWEN01
I can't see one anywhere and feel like there should be one I Will start this off with a question

how do I improve accuracy I haven't got a success yet on 4or 5bld and want advice?

GenTheSnail

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
how do I improve accuracy I haven't got a success yet on 4or 5bld and want advice?

Threeish things that I would recommend:
1. Scramble your cube perfectly. This way you'll be able to go over your solution if you mess up.
2. Write down your memo to know that it's correct and so you won't forget it.
3. Solve without looking at the cube, but reading your memo while recording the solve.

Analyze the reason for any mistakes and repeat.

Note: I myself haven't gotten successes in either big BLD event, though I have been off 2 and 3 centers respectively for 4BLD and 5BLD.

Dylan Swarts

WCA
2017SWAR03
YouTube
Visit Channel
I started by hand scrambling my cube and then solving all the edges and corners and then trying to do all the centers blindfolded. When I could do this comfortably with centers and wings separately, I tried combining centers and corners. Also wings and corners. Then when you do full solves, it isn't a waste of time because of little errors you make because you already worked on those errors during the specialized practice. I don't know if this helps at all but anyway

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but I’m having trouble finding the algs for t-centers for 5x5 with U2. I think I can figure out everything other than U face and D face centers. Is there a good source I’m missing?

Dylan Swarts

WCA
2017SWAR03
YouTube
Visit Channel
@One Wheel
I actually don't know where I learnt, lol. But here are the algs for those. EDIT: LOL AlphaCuber reminded me I also learnt from 4bld's tutorial on YOUTUBE.
If your buffer is probably UL
Ub- m y' m u m' U2 m u' m' y U2 m' U2
Ur- U2
Uf- m' y' m u' m' U2 m u m' y U2 m U2

For all D face targets, set up to Dr and do:
y' m u2 m' U2 m u2 m' y

You said you could figure the other's out but for all the Xu targets (Fu Ru Bu Lu) you start off with y' m (some u move) m' U2 m (undo that u move) m' y
Xr- r' (some e move) ...
Xd- y m (some d move)...
Xl- r (some e move)...
the special cases where you have to do a setup move you will figure out yourself, it's the same as Xcenters

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
@One Wheel
I actually don't know where I learnt, lol. But here are the algs for those.
If your buffer is probably UL
Ub- m y' m u m' U2 m u' m' y U2 m' U2
Ur- U2
Uf- m' y' m u' m' U2 m u m' y U2 m U2

For all D face targets, set up to Dr and do:
y' m u2 m' U2 m u2 m' y

You said you could figure the other's out but for all the Xu targets (Fu Ru Bu Lu) you start off with y' m (some u move) m' U2 m (undo that u move) m' y
Xr- r' (some e move) ...
Xd- y m (some d move)...
Xl- r (some e move)...
the special cases where you have to do a setup move you will figure out yourself, it's the same as Xcenters

Hope this helps!
Awesome! Thank you!