• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

M O

WCA
2017KLOS01
im currently learning 4bld and having problems with the center algs for the U face (using U2, Buffer UBl). Letter A is the buffer, letter C is simply U2, but for B and D the algs seem really hard to grasp for me. Anyone have easy algs for them?

Last edited:
U

Underwatercuber

im currently learning 4bld and having problems with the center algs for the U face (using U2, Buffer UBr). Letter A is the buffer, letter C is simply U2, but for B and D the algs seem really hard to grasp for me. Anyone have easy algs for them?
AA3310D3-E2D8-4787-A65D-064244F5FBEE.jpeg

Reactions: M O

pi.cubed

I'm looking for a scrambler to help me practice audio memo for 7 words - basically one which always gives scrambles for which the edge solution requires seven 3-cycles. Does anyone know of such a tool?

Last edited:
U

Underwatercuber

I'm looking for a scrambler to help me practice audio memo for 7 words - basically one which always gives scrambles for which the edge solution requires seven 3-cycles. Does anyone know of such a tool?
Not seven edges but cstimer and qqtimer have edge only scrambles I believe

DLXCubing

For memo, I memo with edges first, then corners. I make each letter pair into a word and combine them together to make two sentences (One for corners and one for edges.) However, I feel as if there are much better methods. Any advice is helpful. Thanks!

schapel

WCA
2016CHAP04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Memo corners first, execute edges first
Experiment with audio edges
If this doesn't work, try memoing edges first and executing corners first, with audio corners

The most important factor is practice however

Dylan Swarts

WCA
2017SWAR03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey everyone, need some advice. I have South African Nationals coming up 17-19 May and I am working on breaking AfR for MBLD. My PB is currently 5/6 in 27:4x.
AfR is 12/13 in 49:xy. I know, I am kinda insane but I believe it is possible. I have 15 MF3RS's bought specifically for mbld, and could use some other cubes if necessary. I want to know how to practice most efficiently. Should I attempt as many as I can sub hour, and just go on doing that, increasing the number of cubes as my time comes down, OR should I keep small numbers and working on accuracy? I have 3 attempts at 8 which went 5/8, 3/8 and 3/8 but that was a time ago. Thx in advance for any help. -Dylan

Keroma12

WCA
2010MATT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hey everyone, need some advice. I have South African Nationals coming up 17-19 May and I am working on breaking AfR for MBLD. My PB is currently 5/6 in 27:4x.
AfR is 12/13 in 49:xy. I know, I am kinda insane but I believe it is possible. I have 15 MF3RS's bought specifically for mbld, and could use some other cubes if necessary. I want to know how to practice most efficiently. Should I attempt as many as I can sub hour, and just go on doing that, increasing the number of cubes as my time comes down, OR should I keep small numbers and working on accuracy? I have 3 attempts at 8 which went 5/8, 3/8 and 3/8 but that was a time ago. Thx in advance for any help. -Dylan

I don't really know what's actually best, but in my experience, doing a mix of everything has worked well. If you can do 6 sub-30 then I'd try 10 or 11 regularly (and adapt based on the results of those of course). I'd also do all 15 once or twice, even though it will go way over the hour; it'll make your regular attempts feel easier, and make your memory palace more solid - don't worry too much about accuracy/speed with these.
Small attempts (maybe 3 cubes) where you rush memo and exec are also good, though at this stage I think you can get a similar benefit from doing lots of 3BLD.

I've also noticed that accuracy tends to come with time, so personally I'd recommend just pushing for more cubes regardless of accuracy - as long as you are diagnosing your DNFs each time.

Dylan Swarts

WCA
2017SWAR03
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hm.. Looks like it's me again. I've been reading around on speedsolving and read about people having like up to 10 locations in a room? Read it in like 2011 posts but I could still just totally be missing that people do that. I have 3 per room, one room a cube for mbld. For 4bld centers in one and wings in another(corners just there) and for 5bld just each piece type in its own room (midge and corners one room obvi). This okay or am I supposed to be having more locations in each room??

TheGrayCuber

WCA
2012GRAY01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hm.. Looks like it's me again. I've been reading around on speedsolving and read about people having like up to 10 locations in a room? Read it in like 2011 posts but I could still just totally be missing that people do that. I have 3 per room, one room a cube for mbld. For 4bld centers in one and wings in another(corners just there) and for 5bld just each piece type in its own room (midge and corners one room obvi). This okay or am I supposed to be having more locations in each room??

It’s up to you. If you want more locations per room you can, just do what makes the most sense to you.

The FitnessGram Pacer Test is a multi stage...
Hey guys! I’ve been starting to get into 3BLD and as I am using M2, I need S moves for some of my algs. I tried setting one of my cubes on loose tensions but it pops a lot, how would you recommend doing this specifically for 3BLD. I haven’t been able to find any video tutorials or really any info on the subject. If you could help that would be great.

willtri4

WCA
2015BELO03
YouTube
Visit Channel
If it pops too much, tighten it and or turn more carefully. You don't really need the cube that loose for S moves. What cube is it? Any modern cube shouldn't really be popping on reasonable tensions. Graham has a video on setting up the GTS 1