• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!
Q

QuestionableCuber

It comes that time again, you can afford a Gan puzzle. I will either get the 354 and other stuff. Or get the 356x I have very small hands but still want to to do OH. I heard the 356 is godly but the 354 is amazing and OH ready what should I get?

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Is the MF3RS3M still good without magnets? I was looking to buy that since I feel like it would fit me better than an MF3RS2.
Well, the MF3RS3M comes with magnets :)

I assume you actually mean the MF3RS3. I have not actually used the non-magnetic version but have heard it's really good. Very stable and even preferred over the magnetic version by some.

StrideGd

Well, the MF3RS3M comes with magnets :)

I assume you actually mean the MF3RS3. I have not actually used the non-magnetic version but have heard it's really good. Very stable and even preferred over the magnetic version by some.
Oh, right, I did actually mean the MF3RS3, sorry, haha.

X man bell pyraminx or Yuxin Huanglong pyraminx
I was looking for a pyraminx to buy. I came across these and the moyu one too, but I would like to know about these two. I request someone please do a comparison between them and please help me decide. I am aiming more in the magnet strength and turn accuracy with just one flick. I like stronger magnets(can you please compare the magnets to something like to a air ). Thanks a lot in advance!

WCA
2019WILK04
YouTube
Visit Channel
I was looking for a pyraminx to buy. I came across these and the moyu one too, but I would like to know about these two. I request someone please do a comparison between them and please help me decide. I am aiming more in the magnet strength and turn accuracy with just one flick. I like stronger magnets(can you please compare the magnets to something like to a air ). Thanks a lot in advance!
If you like strong magnets that will help the cube align easily, the X-Man Bell is the way to go

xyzzy

Qiyi Qiheng megaminx and cubing classroom mf5, which one is more worth to be magnetized?
Neither, really. You might just as well get the YJ MGC Megaminx if you want a magnetic mega that doesn't cost $$$$$$$.

If you're still planning to magnetise either of those, you might want to check whether the Qiheng's pieces have enough room in the corners and edges to house the magnets.

WCA
2023FUKU01
Neither, really. You might just as well get the YJ MGC Megaminx if you want a magnetic mega that doesn't cost $$$$$$$.

If you're still planning to magnetise either of those, you might want to check whether the Qiheng's pieces have enough room in the corners and edges to house the magnets.
The only problem of my qiheng megaminx is that it is too flexible, so magnet may help a lot.
I have checked the edges and centres of my qiheng megaminx. I am going to use 4*1.5 n35 in the centres and 4*2 n35 in the edges.
This magnet mod requires 60 4*2 n35 magnets and 60 4*1.5 n35 magnets.

xyzzy

The only problem of my qiheng megaminx is that it is too flexible, so magnet may help a lot.
I have checked the edges and centres of my qiheng megaminx. I am going to use 4*1.5 n35 in the centres and 4*2 n35 in the edges.
This magnet mod requires 60 4*2 n35 magnets and 60 4*1.5 n35 magnets.
Centre-edge magnetisation is considered to be less effective than corner-edge, for two reasons. One is that the centres are already holding the edge pieces in, so the magnets don't do that much for stability. The other is that centre-edge magnetisation has a smaller radius than corner-edge, so even if the force is the same, the torque is smaller. (Smaller radius also means the angle over which the magnets attract is larger, which makes it less clicky. This may or may not be desirable.)

Do magnetise it if you have some free time, but set your expectations accordingly. It's probably not going to become amazing just from centre-edge magnets. Also, be careful when magnetising the centres; I hear it can be quite tricky to avoid having all five magnets just fly towards each other.

WCA
2023FUKU01
Centre-edge magnetisation is considered to be less effective than corner-edge, for two reasons. One is that the centres are already holding the edge pieces in, so the magnets don't do that much for stability. The other is that centre-edge magnetisation has a smaller radius than corner-edge, so even if the force is the same, the torque is smaller. (Smaller radius also means the angle over which the magnets attract is larger, which makes it less clicky. This may or may not be desirable.)

Do magnetise it if you have some free time, but set your expectations accordingly. It's probably not going to become amazing just from centre-edge magnets. Also, be careful when magnetising the centres; I hear it can be quite tricky to avoid having all five magnets just fly towards each other.
so do you mean that I have to use stronger magnets for centre edge pair?
I have checked the centre caps that only 4*1.5 can fit in.

spooderman

Hey guys, I'm returning to cubing after about 3 years now, and was looking to get a new 3x3. I currently have a Tanglong, which is a rather chunky feeling cube imo. I am looking for a cube which has a very light, quick, and soft feeling to it. I've heard great things about the 356X, GTS3M, MF3RSM, and the little magic. While I can afford a 356X, I'm not sure I should pay so much for a cube if I'm not the most hardcore, competitive cuber and can get cheaper cubes. I am strongly considering a little magic with magnets, but I've heard concerns about the quality, and want to get a high quality cube for the long term. Any recommendations? Is the 356X worth it if I'm not yet considering getting any other cubes in the future?

WCA
2023FUKU01
Hey guys, I'm returning to cubing after about 3 years now, and was looking to get a new 3x3. I currently have a Tanglong, which is a rather chunky feeling cube imo. I am looking for a cube which has a very light, quick, and soft feeling to it. I've heard great things about the 356X, GTS3M, MF3RSM, and the little magic. While I can afford a 356X, I'm not sure I should pay so much for a cube if I'm not the most hardcore, competitive cuber and can get cheaper cubes. I am strongly considering a little magic with magnets, but I've heard concerns about the quality, and want to get a high quality cube for the long term. Any recommendations? Is the 356X worth it if I'm not yet considering getting any other cubes in the future?
Yuxin Huang Long m feels similar to the yuxin little magic m, but with much higher quality.

spooderman

Do you recommend any other cubes that have a light, soft, and 'airy' feeling? I was also wondering if the GTS3M has such a feeling, I think it might be reasonable enough to buy.